Friday, July 19, 2019

Courage comes from fear...

Drinking up some courage so I can surf later.
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courageous people do feel fear, but they are able to manage and overcome their fear so that it does not stop them from taking action.

What am I actually afraid of? Is it the right thing to be afraid of? Should I be this afraid of it – or rationally, should I be less or more afraid?
Courage gives us the strength to evaluate an emotional response (fear) and act rationally and rightly.


Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
Confidence gives us the power to act on our convictions, have faith in ourselves or in others, and take action. Over-confidence however, means that we may be too ready to take action, and take unnecessary risks. There were many times when I was way too over-confident especially when it comes to relationships just to fall flat on my behind as I got rejected so many times.

I can do this...my fears give me the courage to go on.
Ultimately, perhaps the question to ask yourself is:

How will I feel when I look back on this? Will I feel that I have acted in accordance with my values? 
Crucially, try not to let your emotions, whether fear or over-confidence, get the better of you, but think rationally about what you want to do, and what is the right thing to do in the situation.




No comments:

Post a Comment