Saturday, July 4, 2020

Happy Independence Day!!!

We at the Retreat and Basement Club want to wish you all a very Happy Independence Day!!!

When I became an American citizen it was a very proud moment in my real life and I never ever take this for granted. You don't become an American overnight and there is a long process one must follow. There is filing the application, the fees, the fingerprints, the background check, the test, the interview, the physical exam, and probably more stuff I forgot by now. By doing all of this the legal way you will eventually get there. Don't give up, keep working on all of the requirements. You see you do not get a High School diploma or GED unless you have all the credits, right? 

I highly recommend all Americans and also those who want to become Americans to go and take a sample test of the "Civics Test". Try is and see how many questions can you get correct. I failed miserably in Political Science in College when I first took that because I knew nothing about the American System as a German. The more you know, the more you will understand why this government signed the Constitution. 
Now go and do it...study some American Values...

No comments:

Post a Comment