Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Second Life and Postcrossing

The wise study geography and owls exhibit consist of a classroom full of examples of the beautiful postcards I have received from Postcrossing members around the world. Postcrossing is celebrating 15 years since starting just 2 years shy of Second Life's anniversary. I have met a few people in Second Life who know about Postcrossing and are members, how cool is that? 

The creators of Postcrossing have been working with Brazil Post on a new Postcrossing-themed stamp that is being released! 

It’s a beautiful stamp by São Paulo’s illustrator Daniel Lourenço, showing 2 people connected through postcards. It’s a big, beautiful stamp, and we have no doubt Brazilian postcards will look extra nice with it.

I always think of who were the first people who connected in Second Life? 

One thing is similar, artists love Second Life and Postcrossing. For me it is fun and I get to share my art with others. Many of my postcrossers I sent postcards to get some of my art as well, just like I get to share it in Second Life. Just like Second Life that grew from a few members to many many many residents, Postcrossing has over 791,726 members from 206 countries. Way to go!!!

I like getting cards from people I would otherwise never ever had contact with, just like in Second Life. I am very happy to share some of the beautiful owl cards I received in my Classroom Themed Exhibit ( I am a teacher, what else would you expect).

I do want to give credit to the Vordun Museum and Gallery that is an art and history experience like no other in Second Life! Browse the many galleries and exhibits. The Museum is owned by Jake Vordun who is also the fabulous creator of Fancy Decor.  I discovered this gem some years back and always go see some of the new exhibits there, you really feel like you are in a museum. Jake had an exhibit about Postcrossing Sincerely Yours and when I checked out the link I was right away hooked and became a member. Thanks, Jake for the inspiration!!! 💗💗💗Things you learn from visiting a museum even if it is in Second Life. 

Ok, Second Lifers go and become Postcrossers as well...and no I do not work for any of these places I just want to share my joy with you and hope you will love it too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment