Saturday, June 5, 2021

You can only do what you’re capable of at the time.

When a man falls in your pool out of the sky, what would you do? Rescue him or let him drown?

Of course, you try to help out. Right? But then I think of the last one that fell in there and what I had to find out as he said to me:

Well I'm tired of hanging around
I want somebody new
I'm not sure who I've got in mind
But I know
That it's not you.

And I said: You ask me questions
That I never wanted to hear I am the only one just until you finish this year.
Here is my hand and you just laugh
'cause you don't understand. And now something, something holds me, holds me hypnotized.
It was only yesterday waving arms across the street. Your gray face left me blue. How can I say all the things I have to say to you? Oh, all the people here all look the same the little time I spend with you.

And now there is this man who needs my help and is saved from the wrath of the unmistaken confusion of what the world is. Do I save him or do I just let him drown? My hope is that I have the strength to save a soul because you let me drown and never looked back. I don't know whether you can look at your past and find, woven like the hidden symbols on a treasure map, the path that will point to your final destination. But I will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment