Wednesday, July 13, 2022

When the Marketplace is down...


Oh dear, here we go just as I decided to use my endless summer for marketplace gacha listing and it is down. I suppose I can work on some other things, but I wanted to do this. I had some issues yesterday with the marketplace and got at least one order in and delivered and then it went blank and still remains that way.
In the meantime, I suppose I can do some other things, but there are real-life symptoms of withdrawal. 

1. Shock and Denial
~this can't be happening, no way, not marketplace
~must be my internet

2. Pain and Guilt 
~this is giving me a headache
~now I am forced to do real-life work

3. Angel and Bargaining
~now this is BS, don't they have tech support?
~ok, I will wait a few more minutes, maybe an hour or so.

4. Depression, Reflection, and Loneliness
~I feel so lost
~this is giving me anxiety, how long will this take? 
~I loved shopping
~I must be the only one

5. Upward Turn
~I should tell people about this

6. Reconstruction and Working through
~let's gather all the facts
~I can keep busy for now

7. Acceptance and Hope
~I am sure it is temporary
~it will return before you know it.

There you go! If you suffer from any of these symptoms you may have an addiction and you should try to find something else for the day and come back later. Don't blame the metaverse for this, even there you have problems. You may suffer from Internet Addiction Disorder which is an actual diagnosis for someone who needs to be online all the time. Isn't that all of us?

Internet Addiction Disorder, in addition to other dependency disorders, seems to affect the pleasure center of the brain. The addictive behavior triggers a release of dopamine to promote the pleasurable experience activating the release of this chemical. Over time, more and more of the activity is needed to induce the same pleasurable response, creating a dependency. That is, if you find online gaming or online shopping a pleasurable activity and you suffer from an addiction to the Internet, you will need to engage in more and more of the behavior to institute the same pleasurable feeling prior to your dependency.

Ok, well let's just wait a little longer. I am sure it will be BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment