Friday, July 1, 2022

I want a man named "Nigel"

Nigel (plural Nigels) (Australia, derogatory, usually restricted to youths) A person, usually male, who is unpopular with their peers, unfashionable, socially awkward, and/or introverted.

"I like this name, it's one of my hamsters' names."

In my research, I found that men named Nigel is very rare, it is one of those names that has almost become extinct. People want to name their child with the most popular name there is besides maybe the name of ancestors.

For example, when I first logged in to social media my name was Anjelikka, the way it was spelled was very rare, almost unknown. Now, of course, it all changed you see this name everywhere and people want to spell it like mine, I wished I would have named my AVI Nigel because then I would be a rare gacha and have a higher value.

Did you know:
that Nigel is the name of the pelican in Finding Nemo!
"We're only making plans for Nigel
We only want what's best for him
We're only making plans for Nigel
Nigel just needs that helping hand"

...not sure if we can make Nigel happy because happiness comes from within. That goes for all names.
What name were you given and what name did you give yourself in Secon Life? 

Would you consider naming yourself Nigel? I suppose it depends on where you come from unless you want to be known as the awkward Nigel from Australia. Most of the people that I saw in comments about this name were referring to it as their pets' names

"Nigel was my old dog's name. I'm American, but my parents are English and suggested it as a joke. I found the name suitable and somewhat funny since it doesn't really exist in the US as a "real" name. He looked like a Nigel, kinda scruffy and wiry, but dignified at the same time. Good name for a pet. Probably not for a child. ;)"

"Nigel No Friends" -
Aussie slang for someone without any friends, someone who's alone
.
If you are a Nigel, then I am looking for you. Nigel is not outspoken, but he likes to speak
And loves to be spoken to.
If that is you? See me inworld.

Calling all Nigels...


No comments:

Post a Comment