Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Never Find Me

I have seen what the darkness does
Say goodbye to who I was
I ain't never been away so long
Don't look back, them days are gone
Follow me into the endless night
I can bring your fears to life
Show me yours and I'll show you mine
Meet me in the woods tonight ~ Lord Huron

The woods can be a scary place, but also a great place to hide. I was fortunate as a child growing up in Germany I was able to play in the woods. I write often about the woods in my blog and I love the idea that I can have my own woods right here in Second Life. Whether it is a place I created like at the Retreat or someone else's magical place, it takes me back to my childhood.

As kids, we knew every corner of the surrounding forest, every fallen tree, and every path. There was an old legend in that forest about a young boy who delivered love letters from the Convent to the Monastery (Schiffenberg) on the hill. He always stopped at the tiny well of fresh water to rest before he moved on. As time passed he fell in love with the nun who gave him the love notes and one day he was found dead at the well. 

Nobody knows who murdered him, but it is thought that a monk who was lovestruck and who did not want his secret to be revealed did it. The well is called "Shepard Well" and is still a resting place for those who can find the trail that leads to it. Here hikers fill up their water bottles before hiking up the hill to the monastery. 

I am going to create the natural spring of the "Hirtenbrunnen" (Shepard Well) in my forest and bring a little history of my home to Second Life. I will incorporate this into my hunt of this year " A Tale Dark and Grimm". 


You just have to love Second Life to give you the ability to bring your memories to life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment