Friday, June 26, 2020

"I Had A Dream And You Were There"

“I had a dream about you last night... you were a giant slinky and I watched you fall down the stairs.”

"This is an installation about losing someone and missing them. It is a creative manifestation of thinking about someone and wishing that they were here. It dwells on a moment in our dreams and wanderings when we feel like someone we lost is with us again.

The artwork is not about any specific person, nor is there a person in a physical form depicted in the installation. Instead, personal items are left to be discovered around the exhibit, such as a book or a piece of clothing. After all, we do not always have to see someone to feel them." Exhibit Name:  "I Had A Dream And You Were There"

“I had a dream about you. I was sitting on your couch, relating my succession of ideas on subconscious influence. I asked you what they meant, and you told me that free associations were a bad way to advance my artistic career.”

“I had a dream about you last night... you kept meowing at people and licking yourself it was not unlike you normally.”

“I had a dream about you last night... You turned red, then green, and then blue. You told me you were trying to fit in with the m&m's.”

Fiona Fei is a Chinese American artist, classically trained in oil painting and electronic media.  Much of her early years were spent painting landscapes and portraits using oil paint on canvas.  However, she developed a love for non-photorealism over the years. 

In continuation of her love of non-photorealism, she now produces Chinese ink-brush art in Second Life and exhibits my work around the grid.  Please go and visit this exhibit in Second Life, part of the Hannington Endowment for The ARTS.

“I had a dream about you last night... You replaced all the people in your life with kittens. It felt more like a prediction of the future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment