Tuesday, December 11, 2018

And no one seems to notice...

“Betrayed and wronged in everything,
I’ll flee this bitter world where vice is king,
And seek some spot unpeopled and apart
Where I’ll be free to have an honest heart.” 

― Molière, The Misanthrope


No one always tells the truth,
Everyone likes better to lie,
No one keeps their promises,
That they would keep me alive,
No one wants to see the tears,
But they're not afraid to make,
No one wants to watch me crumble,
Though honesty they'll fake
I'm sure you've heard a hundred times,
But sorrow please let me be,
Just a day I want to live that I don't think of home,
Because here I'm by myself a lot, 
Once I was never alone,
You'd think by now these impressions would fade,
But they're set here to linger,
I have self inflicted scars from my elbow to my finger,
Nothing ever happens, no one even sees,
That behind this curtain is the broken, bloodied me,






And no one seems to notice,
No one seems to care,
They've heard this story,
Too many times,
To give a single hair,
I hope someday I'll find my smile,
That seemed to run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment