Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Don't let working at home drive you crazy....

Working from home was not actually a choice I made, it was given when all of this madness started. I can be thankful knowing I still have a job, but the uncertainty of what is happening with this C19 can set off many triggers of depression.

People who work alone are at high risk for depression and anxiety. The very nature of the work is crazy-making. We work insane hours, our brains never turn off, and we tend to neglect basic necessities. (It's 10 p.m. and I haven't eaten dinner. Or showered. I should probably do that.)

Take a break and that is where Second Life comes in during these times when you are all of a sudden need a break from zoom meetings and conference calls and the blah blah blah emails. I tend to take out an hour for just logging in and saying hi to a few people and I feel better that they understand because they are also going through this as well. You see you are never really alone.

People in the club dancing? Perfect time to get up and wiggle along. Something is better than nothing...so get up and dance!!!
Sitting on your butt, staring at a computer screen all day is bad for your health. The list of detriments to your health is so long I can't even begin. Let's just boil it down to heart, circulatory system, bone health, cancer, and other chronic diseases -- and depression. It's not rocket science. Get some exerciseBe honest. You know you sit too much. Stop doing that. The benefits of exercise are so extreme and varied they affect every facet of your life, including your mental health. You'll be happier, sleep better, and work more productively.

You may not have control over all the stress in your life, but you're in complete control of your environment. Lower your stress and set yourself up for success with an office designed to maximize productivity. I just bought some lighting for my room and that makes a big difference. I also like to spray the room all over with some of my favorite sprays or perfumes. It makes me happy! You know those magazines that have perfume samples in them. Don't throw them away, rub them all over your pillow.

Get inspired and try out some of those free gifts you collected from all of the fairs and stored. You'd be surprised at what you find. One thing...do stay well. 

"Don't work from bed. You want your bed to be a place of peace and calm, not work stress."

No comments:

Post a Comment